The Program manager – who is accountable only to the project champion, and who has a broad knowledge of the organization – is responsible for the day-to-day management of the project team, for progress chasing and for the assessing risk. Can call on the CEO when needed.
Attributes of a Program Manager:
- Solid project management skills
- Able to focus on deliverables and keep on plan
- Fearless – not afraid to say how it is and to escalate issues when required
- Good communicator
- Ruthless attention to detail
- A complex/finisher, monitor/evaluator